This is part of an ongoing series of posts about ways we’re weather-proofing our home after an in-home energy audit. We’ve insulated switchplates, put blankets and covers around water heaters and pipes, and we’ve prepped for duct work.
When we first bought our almost 60-year-old house, we replaced most of the original windows with energy efficient ones. But there was an addition in the back. We didn’t replace those, since they were newer.
When the old windows were replaced, the men caulked all around them. We didn’t realize that the non-replaced windows would also need caulking, both inside and out.
The caulk creates a better seal.
It took 2 tubes of caulk and about 30 minutes. We are loving these easy fixes!